Thrive floristry (and all facets of, ie www.clairecowling.co.uk) are committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality and follow the procedures and practices defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 and 2018 [“the DPA”], the General Data Protection Regulation effective from 25 May 2018 [“the Regulation”] and any subsequent data protection legislation).
We have appropriate safeguards in place, in accordance with our data protection obligations, for the protection of any Personal Data which we process. Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice, providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information. Additionally, we ensure that our staff remain aware of our data protection obligations and are kept up to date.
The Regulation defines Personal Data as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a Data Subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or by one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
Thrive floristry is committed not only to the letter of the law, but also to the spirit of the law and places high importance on the correct, lawful, and fair handling of all Personal Data, respecting the legal rights, privacy, and trust of all individuals with whom we deal.
What do we keep & use and why?
- We retain records of our customer enquiries and order history, to enable us to provide answers to any queries that you may have in the future.
- We retain and use our customers details – ie contact & payment information to administer your account and to be able to process, fulfill and update you regarding your order(s). This also enable us to contact you from time to time regarding thrive products, services and news (by post or email).
- To respect your privacy, we will only contact you by telephone should there be a query with an order you have placed which is not appropriate to be emailed or if you have requested us to. Usual contact regarding orders will be via email if available and otherwise by telephone.
- Should you wish to opt out of mailings at any time, please advise us by email, stating your full contact details, including email address. Alternatively, complete the relevant boxes when you supply us with your name and address details at the time of placing your order.
- We assure you we will not transfer your personal data to any third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
We do not sell, rent or trade our mailing lists, phone numbers or email addresses.
Thrive floristry may contact you about relevant products and services that we offer, which we feel may be of interest to you.
Should you have any concerns about details we are holding about you, please contact us by email.
By using our website and/or by registering with us, you are consenting to the information above being processed and used by us in the ways stated. Should you prefer not to hear from us you can unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking here.
At Thrive Floristry, we take your personal security very seriously. We want to assure you any pages of our site that require payment details, we use a secure mode – your computer should show a padlock in the bottom corner of the screen. When in this mode, the server uses a 128bit high level encryption for all the personal and payment information that pass between your browser and the server.
We realise too that lots of people do not feel confident sending their personal or payment card details on-line. We respect that and although we do have a secure on-line payment facility, we are more than happy to receive your orders and details by telephone or post if you prefer. We recommend that you do not send your credit card details by email. Please also see our terms and conditions.